Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Four Alarm Fire

Seriously. There's a four alarm fire blazing down the street right now at the old Conlin's Furniture building. It was being renovated by Glacier Bank (our biggest client)to be their new building and now it's burning to the ground. There a pillar of black smoke rising hundreds of feet into the air and flames leaping into the air. Crowds of people gathering to watch it. They've evacuated half of the block and are hosing down the building adjoining the burning building in order to try to save it. They'll still acquire quite a bit of damage to all their goods. Columbine Art Gallery will probably have some serious renovating to do as well. They've evacuated at least half of the block. I stood with two other girls here at work and watched someone's job and livlihood go up in flames. My heart pounded in my chest and I thought how temporal the physical things of this world are. Granted, it was under rennovation and therefore mostly empty, but it just made me think for a moment.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger DTclarinet said...

hey, sorry to post this right after the above kind of annoying comment. I hope mine is more meaningful. I chose your wonderful comment to Waiter Rants post Legion to appear in the Glittering Commentari list I'm building at my blog. Come have a looksee. It's at Glittering Muse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home