Monday, July 11, 2005

R-O-L-A-I-D-S spells Relief

So that last post, mostly fixed. My boss complimented me and the deep-seated fear of authority figures is put to rest for the time being.

My conductor (whom I've finally figured out to address as Maestro. Yes, he really calls himself Maestro!) also complimented me after our first concert. I think he may have had a glass or two of wine, though.

And I worked out things with you-kno-who, also for the time being. I know it's not the end of the line, but perhaps my skin is a little thicker now.

So, down to the boring details of my life. Friday was a bit hectic. I left work and went to meet my ride to Bigfork for our first concert. I waited. and waited. and waited. She didn't show, so I ran back to work, called to check my messages (nothing) and got my boss to draw me a map to where I was supposed to go. So I drive off to Bigfork, find it just fine, and there's my ride. She'd hit traffic on the way and we probably missed eachother while I was checking my messages, but all turned out well nontheless. The concert was a success and they even fed us yummy food!

Saturday Josh and I didn't have to go work on the Bigfork house because it was pouring, so I spent the morning talking to Sasa, J cleaned my car, and then we went to the craft fair that was in town. Josh found a guy that would trade Damascus Steel-Bladed knives for antlers, so Josh traded him for a very nice knife and I found a bracelt made out of antique silverware. It's very purdy! I made it to my second concert and it was much colder than the first, but it still went well enough. There were even two couples from the ward there and I felt very pleased with myself. I didn't play my best (hard when the wind's blowing the music off the stand and your fingers are froze!) but I think I did well nonetheless.

Sunday Josh and I just lazed about the house and took a nice drive to some of the surrounding cities. Allergy season is here, so I missed part of the drive due to a Benadryl-induced nap, but Josh saw a fawn! I've seen a bear this year, but I still haven't seen a fawn. Plenty of grown up deer, but no fawns.

Then, excitement this morning, I was listening to the radio while I was getting ready for work and called in and answered a pop-culture trivia question, so now I'm qualified to win a $5,000 shopping spree at a local furniture store! I'm amazed and I really hope I win! Then I can be furniture-store-chic instead of salvation-army-chic! So everyone, keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

Don't worry about the wine, people are most honest when drunk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home