Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Pop Star Vanity


My Favorite Things #4

Pop culture. I'm addicted to it! I love the fairy tale life that movie stars lead and all the pretty jewelry and clothes they wear. I love seeing new movies and old TV shows. I love Andy Warhol and that comic-book-style art that's all dots (Julie, you can help me out with the technical terms on that one).

I also love very much when these stars with all their money and stylists and publicists and people-hired-to-make-them-look-good fall flat on their face and make fools of themselves in public a la Tom Cruise. I must admit that I love reading about the train-wreck that is TomKat. At the same time, even though she turned me off greatly in her wierd stage, I admire Angelina Jolie for her humanitarian work. There are some people who spread their riches around trying to do good works.

And then there's fashion. I love seeing what celebrities wear on and off the red carpet, and I love seeing some of the aweful mistakes they make. Just go to show that money does not a fashionista make. I.e. this interesting little photo I happened upon earlier today. This photo was taken last weekend at the Live8 concert. Notice anything funny? Mariah's stunning sixpack is painted on! I know it's a rather small image, so you can see a bigger one at 6pack.notlong.com. I don't know about you, but I think it looks like she slept on an ice cube tray. Bad decision, Mariah. Oh yeah, crash and burn baby! Just goes to show--pop stars are human too. (insert wicked laughter here...)

2 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Amberlynn said...

Fashionista is ME today. You don't believe me? Just wait! I'm about to unvail my hot new fashion epidemic tomorrow...

The final stages to be completed tonight.

One hint, do you remember those plastic or cardboard teddy bears with a big fat shoelace that you could sew with when you were *really* leettle? That's all the hint I give.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Hey J, I can't find the Heatherette Show. Can you send me a link? My curiosity is piqued, and the bloomers sound fabulous! You should mass market them and hopefully spark a little fire of modesty in the fashion industry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home