Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I'm in!

Yes, I'm officially a member of the Glacier Symphony! As horribly as I thought I did in my audition, I must not have been completely abominable, as I am now a Second Violin. I am an outer chair, though, which means that I'm one of the better Second Violins. This is encouraging, but looking at the music for my first concert, quite intimidating, especially when one considers that there are only two rehearsals before the concert. Gulp!

It will be fun, though, to play with professionals again. My last orchestra experience was more schizophrenic than symphonic, especially considering that the conductor was married to the Concert Mistress (i.e. best violinist in the orchestra). Even more disturbing was the fact that He was her high school orchestra teacher, and they were married very shortly after she graduated. Icky!

The other Big Sky news is just about the same. Josh is just cutting wood for the time being. If any of you ever want to be Josh's second favorite person in the world, get him a chainsaw. It seems as though chainsaws are about on par with hunting on Josh's List of Favorite Things.

Speaking of favorite things, maybe I should keep a running list of my favorite things a la Oprah and get y'all to tell me what your favorite things are. So here goes:

My Favorite Things #1

Grass. You don't know how much you love it until you can't walk barefoot in your yard because it's only weeds. I also have to sweep dirt out of my kitchen constantly that gets tracked in just by walking from the car to the house.

Plus, there's the way grass tickles the bottom of your feet and makes a perfect cushion under a picnic blanket. Grass is my favorite color (which I will expound upon another day). Grass smells especially good in the rain and when it's freshly mowed, and there's hardly anything lovlier than watching children play in the yard.

So, what're your favorite things?

6 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger The Olson Family said...

My favorite things. . .
--Puppies
--Babies
--The last day of school
--Blasting across the alkaline flats in a jet-powered, monkey-driven. . .and it goes on. . . (Name that show!)

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

My favorite things...

-Festus
-My new house
-My friends
-My family
-Food, ice cream especially
-Vacation

I'm sure there is more, I have a lot of favorites.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Amberlynn said...

Some Favorites:

-Wild flowers
-when people use things other than grass to fill their lawn
-fresh fruit
-My little Kimquat!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Lindsey said...

What show is that, Holly?

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Current Favorites -
-Sleep!
-Running hot water
-Bed
-HVAC technology
-Clear, Blue Skies
(Just returned from Girl's Camp!)

Sas

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger The Olson Family said...

Oops--should've read "monkey-navigated." It's from the Simpsons episode where Homer and Marge get married again (Homer writes his own vows).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home